Rice water has long been used in Asia for clear skin and long, luscious hair.
This grain is rich in antioxidants, minerals, vitamin E, and traces of pitera, a substance produced during the fermentation process.
These nutrients in the rice water help to heal scars and reduce wrinkles, fine lines, and inflammation, leaving the skin with a healthy glow.
Rice also contains iron, zinc and B-complex vitamins that are essential for hair growth.
In this article we will share to you a recipe that will help you have a naturally healthy hair.
You need to prepare the following ingredients:
– 2 cups of water
– 1/2 cup of uncooked rice (brown, white long grain, white short grain, jasmine, or whatever you have)
Follow this simple and easy steps on how to prepare it:
Step 1. First of all you need to wash nicely the rice in order to get rid of all the impurities and the dirt.
Step 2. Next, put 1/2 cup of uncooked rice in a bowl and cover it with water.
Step 3. Let the rice soak for about 15 to 30 minutes.
Step 4. Swirl it around and lightly knead it until the water turns cloudy.
– This way all the vitamins and the minerals will go into the water, creating a nourishing rinse for your hair.
Step 5. Strain out the rice water into a clean bowl or some kind of container.
Note: You can store your rice water in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for a few days, up to a week.
– After doing all of this your rice water is ready and you can use it for your hair treatment.
See below on the proper way on how to use it:
1. Hair rise
– If you want to give your hair a nice shine and keep it strong and healthy in the same time, all you need to do is rinse it with rice water. For extra nourishment, you can add few drops of any essential oil, such as lavender, rosemary, geranium, citrus.
Note: As for the application of the rice water, you need to pour it on your hair after shampooing. Then gently massage your scalp and your hair and finally rinse your hair nicely with lukewarm water. Repeat this procedure once or twice a week.
2. Hair conditioner
– This rice water can be used as a hair conditioner as well. All you need to do for preparing this homemade hair conditioner is add a few drops of rosemary, geranium or lavender essential oil to the rice water and your hair conditioner is ready.
Note: Apply this conditioner to your hair, let it stay like that for about 10 minutes and then rinse your hair with cold water.
You can watch the video below and you will never throw away the rice water. This water is in fact the cheapest ways to pamper your hair and skin.
We hope that this brief article is informative to you, share this post so that you can also inform others about this and might help them a lot.
Source: The Artikulo Uno News