Did you know that Baking Soda is also called bicarbonate of soda or sodium bicarbonate?
It is a white crystalline compound, NaHCO3, with a slightly alkaline taste, used in making effervescent salts and beverages, artificial mineral water, pharmaceuticals, and fire extinguishers.
It is known that baking soda is one of the most beneficial ingredients you can find in the kitchen.
Apart from cooking, this kitchen staple also has a number of incredible uses around the house.
Based on fact, you can use it for almost anything – cleaning both indoors and outdoors, deodorizing, for beauty treatments, health ailments, and the list doesn’t end here.
We listed some of the helpful benefits of baking soda that you might not know:
1. Deodorize the cutting boards – apply some baking soda on your cutting boards, scrub well then wash.
2. Make fluffier omelets– add ½ tsp. baking soda per egg to make your omelet fluffier.
3. Remove pesticides – dissolve ¼ cup baking soda in a sink full of water to remove insecticides from fruit and vegetables. Note: Immerse the produce in the solution, leave it for a couple of hours then rinse well.
B. Health and beauty
1. Freshens your mouth– mix 1tbsp. baking soda in a ½ glass of water. Gargle, then spit out and wash your teeth as normal.
2. Heartburn – drink a mixture of ½ glass of water and 1 tsp. baking soda.
3. Relieve body odor – combine some baking soda with a powder puff and use it as an underarm deodorant.
4. Soothe your feet– dissolve 3 tbsp. baking soda in a warm bath then soak your feet. Scrub gently.
5. Facial scrub – mix some water and baking soda in a ratio of 1:3. Rub this on your skin in circular motions then wash off.
C. Garden and garage
1. Remove oil stains from garage floors– use a mixture of baking soda and water and a brush to scrub the spots and stains on your garage floor.
2. Rejuvenate the greenery – add 1 tsp. baking soda, ½ tsp. clear ammonia, and 1 tsp. Epsom salt in a gallon of water. 3. Sprinkle every rosebush-size shrub in your garden that has lost its luster with a quart of the solution.
4. Repel bugs – to keep bugs away, sprinkle some baking soda on the basement windows and under the sinks.
5. Sweeten tomatoes – sprinkling some baking soda on the soil surrounding your tomatoes.
6. Deodorize cars – sprinkle baking soda onto the fabric and carpets, let it stay for 15 minutes then vacuum up.
1. Polish silver – combine 1 part water and 3 parts baking soda to make a paste. Using a clean cloth or a sponge, apply this on your Rinse thoroughly.
2. Clean sponges – soak smelly sponges in 4 tbsp. baking soda dissolved in 1 quart of warm water.
3. Clean the oven – dissolve some baking soda in water they place in a spray bottle. Use the mixture to spray the oven then let it act Scrub in the morning then wipe it clean.
4. Freshen your fridge – open a package of baking soda and put it in your fridge to remove unpleasant
5. Longer lasting flowers – keep your cut flowers fresh by adding a teaspoon of baking soda to the water in the vase.
6. Clean shoes – mix some baking soda and water to make a paste. Apply this on your shoes, scrub with a sponge or rag, and wipe off in the end.
We hope that this brief article is informative to you, share this post so that you can also inform others about this and might help them a lot.
Source: Healthy Tips Team